This website is in development and is still a work in progress. We have tried to build a site that places accessibility and usability principles at the centre. We are continuing to work on enhancements and would be very grateful for your feedback on the accessibility of our website.
This website allows you to resize text in the main content area of the page. You are able to resize text via your browser view menu (how to do this differs depending on your browser type) or use the text resize buttons in the top right of the website.
- All pages on this site conform to the following standards where possible:
- W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages on the site have been reviewed and comply with all priority 2 guidelines to the best of our knowledge.
- XHTML 1.0 Transitional. All pages on the site have been validated against the XHTML 1.0 Recommendation.
- CSS. All style sheets have been validated using the W3C CSS Validation Service.
Some tips to make viewing nominettrust.org.uk easier
1. Making larger text
Text on nominettrust.org.uk has a relative font size and can be resized to suit your needs using your browser.
2. Magnifiying the screen
Recent versions of Windows include magnification software that can help some people more easily read text on the screen.
3. Making your mouse pointer easier to see
On many operating systems you can make your mouse larger. On some operating systems you can also add trails or even use a locating feature (on Windows).
4. Changing your colours
Across many browsers, (including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Netscape and Opera) you can change the background colour of your screen to make viewing easier.
5. Making your mouse easier to use
There are various options you can choose to make your mouse easier to use, e.g. make it left handed, speed up or slow down the mouse pointer, making the mouse pointer larger, etc.
6. Making your keyboard easier to use
You can change the sensitivity of your keyboard, use StickyKeys or use other features like Autocorrect or Autotext.