A fund to improve digital skills in England
Applications are open until the end of July 2017
As highlighted in the government’s Digital Strategy, we are increasingly living in a society that is digital-by-default. This is creating a strong need to increase the digital capability of all and to develop digital skills for a digital economy. iAMDigital is a £1m fund which invests in new ventures and established organisations working to increase digital inclusion and digital skills in England, outside of London.
What does the fund offer?
- The fund is a partnership between Creative England and Nominet Trust
- It offers investment in the form of interest-free loans or equity and requires organisations to demonstrate their social impact
- Investments are between £50,000 and £200,000
- These investments must be matched 50% by the applicant company; for example, an investment request of £50,000 must be matched by £50,000 additional private funding
Who is eligible?
iAMDigital is investing in organisations that have a strong track record of delivering results and are seeking to scale their approach to:
- Tackling the barriers limiting people's digital capabilities: lack of access, skills, confidence and motivation
- Increasing digital inclusion amongst those who are most marginalised
- Demonstrating how the creative industries can increase digital inclusion
To be eligible your organisation must:
- have a social mission and be able to demonstrate its social impact
- have growth potential, scalability and an innovative approach
- have an experienced management team
- create or safeguard jobs as a result of the funding
- support the growth of creative industries
- be an SME (start up, early stage or established)
- have your major operations and beneficiaries in England, outside of London