DigitalAgenda Impact Awards open for entries
- Nominet Trust, the UK’s leading social tech funder, backs awards celebrating technology for change
- Impact Awards recognise digital innovation across UK economy
- Impact Awards are free to enter and open until 20 January 2017
- Advisors add credibility and reflect industry support
- Tickets now on sale to attend both awards and after-party
A new awards initiative celebrating the digital innovations making a positive impact on the way the UK lives, learns and does business is open for entries from today.
The 2017 DigitalAgenda Impact Awards, sponsored by Nominet Trust, take place at London’s Barbican Centre on Thursday March 2, 2017.
Twelve Impact Awards are grouped under three broad headings:
- Education – technologies that are transforming teaching and learning.
- Employment & skills – technology that is changing ways into work, and work itself.
- Health – technology improving healthcare and making us healthier and happier.
- Money – technologies that make it easier for people to save and spend.
- Cities – digital initiatives that improve urban places, spaces and living.
- Climate – technology that helps us manage environmental change.
- Food – technologies changing how food is produced, supplied and consumed.
- Smart – connected devices and more that are improving how we live.
- Business transformation – digital change that makes organisations more effective.
- Social and economic transformation – technology changing the wider world for the better.
- Investment – the best in impact funding, through traditional or alternative routes.
- Sharing & partnership – initiatives that help us share resources better.
The DigitalAgenda Impact Awards are open to all UK-based organisations - business, non-profit or public sector - with a tech product or service that aims to makes the world a better place.
Entering the DigitalAgenda Impact Awards is free using the online form at http://www.digital-agenda.co.uk/awards/digitalagenda-impact-awards. The awards are open for entries until January 20, 2017.
DigitalAgenda director and editor Julian Blake said: “Many people work in digital because they want to change the world for the better. They see the potential of technology to deliver positive change fast, and at scale. Digital is changing the way children learn. It is making people healthier. It is improving public services. It helps us respond to refugee movements and floods. And it helps us understand global trends.
“Our awards celebrate technology that is used for impact, not just for profit. That means looking beyond the bottom line at the impact that technology makes on places and people, as well as business.”
Nominet Trust, the UK’s leading social tech funder, is the headline sponsor for the DigitalAgenda Impact Awards. Commenting, Vicki Hearn, director of Nominet Trust, said: “Digital innovations are driving social change with greater vigour than ever before. At Nominet Trust, through our grant funding, partnerships and annual NT100, we see many inspiring examples of impact through social tech. We’re delighted to be the headline sponsor of this exciting new initiative with DigitalAgenda, which is sure to inspire the next generation of tech for good leaders.
Other sponsors include Digital Catapult and Knowledge Transfer Network.
The judging panel will include expertise from across the digital business economy. Entries will be judged on the basis of idea, product, team, ability to scale and impact.
DigitalAgenda has also assembled a panel of advisors to guide the awards, drawing on their experience in startups, investment and technology that makes an impact. The advisors include Mike Butcher (TechCrunch), Jon Kingsbury (Knowledge Transfer Network), Pete Trainor (Nexus CX) and Jess Tyrrell (Ustwo). You can see the full list of our advisors at www.digital-agenda.co.uk/awards.
Tickets to attend the DigitalAgenda Impact Awards on March 2, 2017 are now on sale at bit.ly/2g1CEab.
An afternoon awards ceremony, recognising digital innovation that makes a positive change, will be followed by an evening after-party, offering winners and nominees a chance to celebrate their achievements. Guests will join 250 senior-level entrepreneurs, investors and more on a mission to change the world through technology.
Individual combined ticket (awards and party): £49
Individual (party only): £35
Prices exclude VAT. Nominated organisations will receive one complimentary ticket for the event.
Sponsorship packages for the awards are still available. Contact DigitalAgenda business development manager Kerry O’Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 07838 611789 for more information.