Information about us
The site "nominettrust.org.uk" is operated by Nominet Trust, the working name of Nominet Charitable Foundation, a registered charity in England (number 1125735) and a company limited by guarantee in England (number 06578379). Our registered office is Minerva House, Edmund Halley Road, Oxford Science Park, Oxford OX4 4DQ, England
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site or our entire site.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Third Party content on our site
We may from time to time permit a third party to publish material on our site, for example as a blog post. Any third party posts will be clearly marked as such. The views expressed in that material will not necessarily reflect those of the Nominet Trust.
If we allow you to publish material on our site, the material must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions);
- comply with the laws applicable in the UK and any country from which it is posted;
- be relevant.
Material you publish on our site must not:
- be defamatory of any person.;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- unless it is made publicly available in connection with their business, disclose the personal address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual other than yourself;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- be in contempt of court;
- bully or harass any person;
- criticise any member of Nominet Trust staff (there are formal complaint mechanisms for staff/service complaints);
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- give the impression that the material emanates from or is endorsed by the Nominet Trust if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act;
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism;
- contain any advertising.
If we, in our sole opinion, believe that the material you have submitted does not meet the standards set out above, we reserve the right not to publish it, or to remove it from the site if it has already been published, or to require you to make changes to it to make sure it meets these standards.
When you submit material for publication on our site, you are agreeing to give us a license to publish the material on our site. You also agree that we can promote that material, for example by linking to it in social media or by publishing excerpts chosen by us elsewhere online.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, Nominet UK, and any third parties connected to us expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
We process information about you in accordance with our privacy and cookies policy. By using our site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.